Lewis Hamilton has taken to social media in recent days to celebrate the MV Agusta Dragster RR LH44 heading into full production. The motorbike, in a production run limited to just 244 units, represents the culmination of months of consultancy between the 3 time Formula One world champion and epic Italian bike manufacturer MV Agusta at the Castiglioni Research Centre.
Styling cues from the champion are evident from the blood red bike frame and rims which match his own Bombardier CL-600 private jet, to the use of his racing number 44 found on the sides of the bike and the ignition, and his panther logo displayed on the fuel tank and seat.
The relationship with MV Agusta has given Lewis Hamilton the opportunity to express his personality and passion for motorbikes.
The bike is now on sale, but it isn’t cheap! retailing at £18,144!!
The full specification of the bike is detailed below:
- In-line three-cylinder engine, 798 cc
- Bore 79.0 mm, stroke 54.3 mm
- Maximum power 140 HP-EC (103 kW) at 13,100 rpm
- Maximum torque 86 Nm at 10,100 rpm
- Rev limiter at 13,200 rpm
- Dry weight 168 kg
- Power-to-weight ratio 1.19 kg/HP
- Tyres Pirelli DIABLO Rosso II 120/70 – ZR 17 (front) and 200/50 – ZR 17 (rear)
For more information on the bike and MV Agusta follow this link.
Click here to check out Lewis Hamilton’s images from the MV Agusta production facility.